Sunday 12 January 2014

The Covenant Prayer

As we travel through the year, remember the covenant we made with the Lord today...
 

Let us commit ourselves to Christ.
Give yourselves to him, that you may belong to him.
Christ calls us to do many different things.
Some are more easy and bring us praise,
others are more difficult and painful.
Some are suit us because they match our interests and we like them
others are contrary to both our likes and our interest.
In some we may please Christ and ourselves.
But then there are other areas where we cannot please Christ,
except by denying ourselves.

Let us, therefore, stand, and pray:


I am no longer my own but yours.
Put me to what you will,
rank me with whom you will;
put me to doing,
put me to suffering;
let me be employed for you
or laid aside for you,
exalted for you
or brought low for you;
let me be full,
let me be empty,
let me have all things,
let me have nothing;
I freely and wholeheartedly give all things
to you.

Glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
you are mine and I am yours.
So be it.
This  my covenant with you my God,

made here on earth,
let it be confirmed in heaven.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment