Reading: Luke 24:1-12
If you missed it, here's a link to the Sermon: The Only Hope
- Why Does the resurrection matter? (c.f. Romans 4: 24&25; 1 Corinthians 15: 53-57) Spend some time discussing this.
- Why do you think the women had to go to the tomb - why didn't the angels save them the journey and meet them at home?
- Discuss verse 5. In particular consider a) how the women might have responded to this and b) how we might, "seek the living from among the dead" in our lives?
- Discuss verses 6-8. What are the things we can learn from these verses for our lives?
- How did the women respond to what they saw, heard and experienced? How does this compare to the apostles response and what can we learn from this?
- There are countless people who need to hear the truth about the resurrection, what are you going to do about it?
- Spend some time in prayer for each other and for our church as a whole, that we may come more and more to live in obedience to Jesus Christ, and fulfil, in our time, Matthew 28: 19-20.