Here's the link to the Sermon: The Innocent Man
Reading: John 19:1-16
Read question 7 and keep that in mind as you run through the first 5 questions.
- How many trials had Jesus had, who were they with and what were the individual 'Judges' positions - who held the real authority?
- What did Pilate hope to achieve by having Jesus scourged? Describe scourging, and discuss the other nasty things the soldiers did to Jesus. V. 1-3
- What was Pilate more afraid of and why?
- V.8Why did Pilate question Jesus again?
- How many times is Jesus declared "not guilty"?
- What does Verse 11 mean, who is 'the one' and how is one sin greater than another?
- There is some interesting fact and history here, but what is there in this passage that we can apply to our lives today?